What shared branch?  There is only trunk ... did you mean core branch?
 If the shared stuff is ready then lets put that up for a vote to
release.  Then we change the dependency on the core branch and do
final testing.  If we are ready can someone start a [VOTE] thread on
the dev list for releasing shared?  This is a *requirement* for
releasing the core.

Sean