On 6/9/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is a vote to release Tomahawk 1.1.3 (and its dependencies:
MyFaces Shared 2.0.2 and MyFaces Maven 1.0.3.)

I should have spoken up earlier on, but I have a problem with this approach to release votes.

In the Struts world, the release manager tends to put up a particular set of bits in his or her personal directory  on people.apache.org, and then posts the vote request as "I propose to release *this set of bits* ..."  That way, the other committers can download and check out exactly what is being proposed.

Yes, with Maven based builds it is easy to assume that you and I will build identical artifacts, but it is still easier than you think for that not to be the case.  Besides that, we caught packaging errors in several of the recent Struts Action Framework and Shale builds that would not have been caught if we hadn't been examining the actual bits being proposed.

I would strongly suggest following this approach in MyFaces as well.

On this basis, I'm -1 (non-binding as I'm not on the PMC).

Craig

+1 for my vote

--
Matthias Wessendorf