Hello Dennis,

I think the interface has nothing to do with tomcat. Would the interface meet your requirements?

If yes, I would suggest following:

Create a AnnotationProcessorFactory which return as default an AnnotationProcessor who is a copy of the tomcat DefaultAnnotationProcessor(the code has no dependency to other tomcat code). I think the factory should return a suitable AnnotationProcessor based on which Annotations are present in the classpath.

Maybe we can make the AnnotationProcessor configurable.

If you like I would add this code to 1.2.

Regards

Bernd