Hi all,

I have detected a possible problem with the HtmlResponseWriterImpl.
The write(String) method closes the start tag if open, but the spec says:

6.4 ResponseWriter
[...]
It supports both low-level and high level APIs for writing character based information The ResponseWriter class extends java.io.Writer, and therefore inherits these
method signatures for low-level output.
[...]
The write methods write raw
characters directly to the output writer.public void close() throws IOException;
[...]

If a Renderer want to write a content text, he should use writeText() instead.

To explan my problem.

The TobagoResponseWriter doesn't call the "close-tag", because in some cases we need possibility to write code without auto-closing.

I was playing around using Tomahawk components on Tobago pages, and so this problem appears.

Any remarks

Udo