Hi,

While Mojarra renders for a form update or generally a form only the raw html code and some helper functions included separately, we inline the oamsubmit functions constantly blowing our page up. While this is not bad for normal cases (still costs rendering performance), the oam function adds on my side another 10-15% performance loss on dom replacement level if a target is refreshed which causes them to be rendered.

Do you see any chance to remove the oam stuff? Mojarra does a simple
type="submit" and only adds an onclick in the ajax case.

Another performance shortcut Mojarra seems to take is on ViewScoped beans, we restore the bean constantly at every ppr request which does something on a viewscoped bean, mojarra seems to take a shortcut here. You can see that by using a ViewScoped bean in myfaces the deserialisation in the bean is called at every ajax request, in mojarra it is not.

I know page, request and session scope. Which one are you referring to?

Best regards,
Ganesh