Hi Andy,

thank you for explanation.

Myfaces do only the first part:

(1) "This value will (or, well, should) be passed in as thefirst
argument to jsf.ajax.request()" but the second

(2) "and used as the replacement for "@this" targets."
in not implemented yet:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3018

Also if that situation occurs problem is not easy to find:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3019

Regards,

Martin