Please comment.  I will be submitting the report Friday.

Apache Software Foundation for projects relating to the JavaServer Faces (JSF)
technology.

## Activity and health:
- Apache Myfaces Core is healthy and in maintenance mode.

UI-Component Sets:
- Apache Tobago is healthy and active.
- Apache Trinidad is in maintenance mode.  Last developer commit
 was May 2016.  Last commit on behalf of a contributor was Sept 2016.
- Myfaces Tomahawk is in maintenance mode. Last developer commit
 was May 2016.  Last commit on behalf of a contributor was May 2016.

Add-ons and Extensions:
- Apache MyFaces Portlet Bridge is in maintenance mode.  Last developer commit
 was Jan 2014.  Last commit on behalf of a contributor was May 2015.
- Apache MyFaces CODI is in maintenance mode. CODI was replaced by Apache
 DeltaSpike so new development happens there.  Last commit March 2014.
- Apache MyFaces Orchestra is in maintenance mode.  New projects use CDI and
 DeltaSpike instead.  Last commit on behalf of a contributor was August 2016.
- Apache MyFaces ExtVal is in maintenance mode. Last commit June 2014.
- Apache MyFaces Commons is in maintenance mode.  Last commit August 2012.
- Apache MyFaces Ext-Scripting is in maintenance mode.  Last commit Dec 2012.
- Apache MyFaces Test is in maintenance mode (Used by Myfaces Core).  Last
 commit June 2014.

Security:
- We received a vulnerability report against MyFaces Trinidad on July 20th and
  responded to the reporter the same day.  We released patched versions of
  Trinidad 1.2.x, 2.0.x, and 2.1.x on Sept 29th along with CVE-2016-5019.

Issues:
   mt asked: Is it time to retire CODI and Orchestra? Also, a quick look at
      myfaces.a.o doesn't make it clear that CDI/Deltaspike is the
      recommended approach for new users.

  There was no comment by the MyFaces PMC on these questions.   There was a
  trivial contribution for Orchestra on Aug 10th which was applied on Aug
  11th, so support is still being provided when requested.  My personal
  opinion is that it is time to retire these projects, but I do not know of
  anyone who is willing to take the time to accomplish these tasks.  On Oct
  12th, I posted a request for help on the dev@deltaspike and dev@myfaces
  lists to see if anyone there would be willing to update the pages for CODI
  and Orchestra.

## Community changes:

- Currently 76 committers and 42 PMC members.
- Last committer addition was Thomas Andraschko at Thu Jul 02 2015
- Last PMC additions were Bill Lucy and Thomas Andraschko on Fri Jan 15 2016

## Releases:

 - Apache MyFaces Core-2.2.11 was released on Sun Sep 18 2016
 - Apache Tobago-2.0.10 was released on Wed Sep 07 2016
 - Apache Tobago-3.0.0-alpha-4 was released on Sat Jul 16 2016
 - Apache Tobago-3.0.0-alpha-5 was released on Sat Aug 27 2016
 - Apache Tobago-3.0.0-alpha-6 was released on Mon Sep 19 2016
 - Apache Trinidad-1.2.15 was released on Mon Sep 26 2016
 - Apache Trinidad-2.0.2 was released on Mon Sep 26 2016
 - Apache Trinidad-2.1.2 was released on Mon Sep 26 2016

## JIRA activity: