Switching to MyFaces Development <dev@myfaces.apache.org> as this
doesn't need to be on private.

Back in July, we thought we had the annoucement mailing list straightened out.

Bernd is a moderator.   I *should* be a moderator, but I never saw a
response to my email request to be added.

To become a moderator, send an email to apm...@apache.org along the lines of

Please add me as a moderator for annou...@myfaces.apache.org.

Note that in the issue it states:

Please add me as a moderator for annou...@myfaces.apache.org.

Also,  Gavin wrote,
I'll note that the announce list, like alot of others are set up that :-

1. must send from an @apache.org address
2. When 1. is correct then send email to moderator for approval
(regardless of whether or not you are on the allow list)