Hi,

On Thursday, 7 September 2017 20:49:35 CEST Simon Ratner wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> Controller code size went from 20k -> 29k with 1_2_0 and BLE_EXT_ADV,
> compared to the old BLE_MULTI_ADV_SUPPORT. This happens to be just a bit to
> big for our nrf51-based target.
>
> Any suggestions on trimming it?
>
> Would be great to disable the scanner extensions but keep the advertiser,
> or generally have more fine-grained control over which of the ext adv
> features are enabled (for example, I am interested in multiple advertisers,
> but not extended adv size, ext scan, ext connect, etc.)

I mentioned about this on slack but lets discuss this further here as this
might be useful for other people as well.

In general extended advertising feature was suppose to be enabled as a whole.
This is mostly due to requirements put on HCI by spec but maybe we could relax
those a bit and just allow people to build incomplete controller...

Separating central from ext advertising would save around 3kB of flash. We
could also try making support for only legacy PDUs in ext advertising which
should save couple more kBs.

I'm bit reluctant for this (especially the latter) since it increase number of
possible build configurations (which is already huge...) and leave places for
build errors in less common ones. But if this is a blocker for you to upgrade
we should probably consider this...

Also, how much space is missing on your target when you enable ext
advertising?

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc