Hey all,
   Since most postings on lists like this are of the sort "I can't get this
to work, help!", sometimes people can overlook the bigger picture.

  I started working with MyNewt about a year ago, and quickly ran into
issues because I needed ADC support on the nRF52, and that didn't work
"simply".  So I ended up moving into the Nordic SDK directly, and I've
spent a lot of time over the last few months deep in that space.

  At ELC in March, I talked to the runtime folks again, and they suggested
that I take another look at MyNewt, especially master, as the nrfx code had
been merged in and that made several of the drivers a lot more
straightforward.

  I've been working on my codebase for 2-3 weeks now within MyNewt, and I'm
further along now than after several months within the Nordic SDK.
 Granted, some of that is just the fact that I have a better understanding
of what I need to do, and so it's easier to know what to look for in the
code.
  But the Nimble BLE API's in particular *really* make it a LOT easier to
get stuff done.  Just re-implementing my devices BLE interface took a
weekend, and I've got more functionality and the code is much cleaner.

  I'm not saying MyNewt is perfect.   But there's really been a lot of
progress in the last year, and I'm definitely hopeful for the future.
 It's a nice base to work on right now.

  Kudos to everyone involved.

david zuhn
z...@statebeltrailway.org