Jeff:

I may not be answering the question you want but the controller itself runs on
the nordic chips only so you will not be able to run the nimble controller on
those devices. What *is* supported is the nimble host. The nimble host should
be able to talk to any controller. The set of HCI commands used is standard and
the controller basically tells the host what it supports so you should not have
issues there.

Let us know if you have futher questions.

Will