Hi Mo,

If I understand correctly the new nrfx ADC driver is the one causing
problems on the NRFX side. Our new driver doesn't wrap around the nrfx
driver so it should be safe from whatever problems that new driver has.
Instead we only use the nrfx HAL layer, which is proven to be a better
option, since on nrfx driver code is more prone to chenges. Also the
changes done on our ADC API were done so we would be able to roam towards a
better ADC API, so we don't have to use nrfx datastructures and types on
app code and so we can have ADCs working the same way(as much as possible)
across different MCUs. Please take a look at this issue
https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/issues/2273 . We updated nrfx to 2.x
at the time because we did have an incompatibility related to tinyUSB at
that time, so we needed nrfx to be on a version higher than 2.0.0 (this was
discussed on this mailing list last November). This led us to having to
fully rewrite the ADC driver and update the PWM driver (which unfortunately
also wraps around the nrfx driver instead of using the nrfx HAL API). Given
the two aforementioned reasons I am opposing to your suggestion, the driver
works well and we need consistent APIs. I f you need I can help you to
update your old code but I see no reason for us to regress. Feel free to
reach me through this e-mail address or through mynewt's slack (my handle
is mlaz).

Thanks,

Miguel