Hi Chew,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Lm Chew <lm.c...@free2move.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Before moving to mynewt platform, I worked with Nordic SDK using Eclipse
> IDE and uses CDT Parser to parse the makefile output to display useful
> information in Eclipse. And was able to use the GDB to perform debugging in
> Eclipse.
>
> (https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/tutorials/7/)
>
> Tutorials - Nordic Developer Zone<https://devzone.
> nordicsemi.com/tutorials/7/>
> devzone.nordicsemi.com
> Development with GCC and Eclipse. This tutorial is for developers who want
> to use Eclipse, the GNU compiler collection (GCC), and the GNU Debugger
> (GDB) to develop ...
>

> But in mynewt I am not sure how to get newt to output the required data to
> the CDT Parser.
>

> So I like to know what IDE do you normally use to develop and debug mynewt?
>

> Is there a way that I can develop mynewt in Eclipse?

Yes, we use Eclipse for Mynewt in our company. I could not find any
tutorial on how to setup this properly though, so had to figure out working
setup myself - with proper configuration developing and debugging Mynewt in
Eclipse is a breeze.

I was actually planning to create short tutorial on how to use Eclipse for
Mynewt based on our experience. I can't promise anything, but perhaps I'll
have some spare time to finally write this down and share soon.

BR,
Andrzej