Haripriya, the RM (and Myriad scheduler) run as a Mesos task, and as a part
of that task, the Myriad scheduler sends a RegisterFrameworkMessage to the
Mesos master, asking Mesos to register a new Myriad framework and
communicate with this scheduler process for resource offers and status
updates.

So you ask Marathon to launch an app with 1 instance of the
RM/MyriadScheduler, and then that runs as a Mesos/Marathon task, and it
registers with Mesos as a new framework scheduler, after which point Mesos
starts making resource offers to the MyriadScheduler (as well as Marathon),
and the MyriadScheduler uses its offers to launch NMs.

The slightly tricky/confusing part is that the Myriad scheduler process'
resources are accounted for under the Marathon framework that launched it,
not as a part of the Myriad framework itself. Only tasks launched by the
Myriad scheduler (i.e. NodeManagers) are accounted for under the Myriad
framework's share of resources.