Ruth,

I disagree with pulling all of these files from the repo. As a developer
it's nice to have some basic set of documents with the code, especially
those related to compiling and installing. Also, I think we should let the
community evolve a bit and see where documentation ends up naturally. I
think as the project matures we will want a set of standard documents that
gets updated and reviewed with each major release. Or perhaps we will want
some live version delivered with the UI and rendered relative to your
install parameters.

Perhaps we should look closer at files individually