      From: Björn Hagemeier <b.hageme...@fz-juelich.de>
 To: Myriad Dev <dev@myriad.incubator.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 2:01 AM
 Subject: Pending Flex Up Tasks

Hi all,

I am very new to Myriad, but also to Mesos and Yarn. I am having trouble
with pending flex up tasks, for which I cannot see any further
information. Thus, I do not even have the faintest idea where to start
debugging. I can easily run frameworks in my Mesos cluster, but Yarn NMs
are a different issue.

My idea was to use package installations of NM on the slave nodes, if
that is possible (?). The documentation mentions sth. about remote
distribution, but from the wording it seems to be more of an option than
a requirement. Packages have been installed and customized (myriad
configuration) via Puppet and I'd very much like to stay with this.

Anyhow, please let me know the possible causes of flex up tasks
remaining in the pending state. I can easily flex them down and thus
remove the pending tasks, but I never get them into active.

Any hint is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Björn
--
Dipl.-Inform. Björn Hagemeier
Federated Systems and Data

Phone: +49 2461 61 1584
Fax  : +49 2461 61 6656
Email: b.hageme...@fz-juelich.de
Skype: bhagemeier
WWW  : http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich