>> The problem is that there is essentially no real community that is
happening.

retiring doesn't help that

>> None of the engineers previously working on this will be working on this
now. And that sort of situation isn't going to change.

Events at MapR contributed to this situation. MapR scaled back its
involvement in Myriad and all its committers left.
MapR is of course free to take its own decisions. But it sounds like there
is interest in working on Myriad, just not under the ASF umbrella.
I feel without ASF, one company will have too much control on Myriad.

Ted, you yourself warned us against this
http://www.zdnet.com/article/hadoop-veteran-ted-dunning-when-open-source-is-anything-but-open/

>>That means that it will always be a distraction to get committers
qualified as PMC so that they can approve releases and it will never really
be possible to exit from incubation.

I suggest we start with the contributions first.

Regards
Swapnil