From: Andre Schnabel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:39:02 +0100

   > Pavel .. you constantly miss some things about our mailing lists.
   > Mailing lists are about collaboration. If one asks for help ..

If one asks you to help him buy 10 pieces of cake, will you go to the shop
for one, me for the second one etc.? You do not understand my motivation to
write such answer - read bellow, I'll try to explain it in more details.

   > But .. ok .. people are different and their style of communication is
   > different. So .. no need to discuss.

No, some people think and implement the knowledge about algorithms and
their efficiency in practice and some don't. It is not about communication
styles.

I'm not against helping Konrad.
I'm not against letting other people know how do you say something in *all
languages*.

It could be done efficiently and inefficiently. In this list, people often
work in an inefficient manner. That's all.

This time, it should have been process like this:

- Konrad sends an e-mail here and ask for help. If you want to help, send
  him privately your e-mail.

- Konrad collects answers somewhere and sends the link to it after he is
  finished.

Thus:

- positive: Konrad is happy because he has the info
- positive: people wanting to help him, can help him
- positive: people wanting to know the result know it
- negative: Konrad can receive duplicated strings

This is the same for your case. But you forgot one *important thing*
between both cases:

- people who do not want to help or people who do not want to read many
  similar e-mails that are not interesting/important for them do not have
  to read *all* mails.

- even if you are interested about every language, you have received all of
  them twice

The method used thus means that *many* people had to read *many* mails
unnecessary. And *many* even includes you! You have received the
information about every language twice - once from the person who send it
to Konrad and second instance of it from Konrad itself at the end. Thus it
took a moment from your brain capacity for nothing. And this applies to us
all. We could have worked on something else in that time.

Thus it was inefficient! Thats all. No other motivation in this. This is my
last mail on this topic.
--
Pavel Janík

And no, the only offer from SCO I'm interested in is a public apology from
Darl McSwine.
                  -- Linus Torvalds in LKML