> thank you for the below update and for re-opening a productive
> discussion thread on the need of a localization process for wiki
> documentation.

It's a topic that passes by me a lot since the OOo documentation is
constantly being translated.. either in the more formal process you
outlined, or in a more ad-hoc way with one ot two "favorite" pages being
translated by someone in the community who isn't necessarily a
member/contributor in L10N or NLC.

>From the Documentation Project side of things, I want to try and make
the entire process a little bit easier and smoother for all involved.

> I am saying re-opening because this is something we already started
> quite some time ago:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/L10n_Wiki_Process_for_Documentation

I've added a link to this page on the
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Help:Translating page.

> But of course Pootle is not the only tool and i would be more that glad
> to explore other processes and tools.
>
> Or, we could look into other possibilities ... so the more feedback on
> this topic, the better :-)

Other possibilities can also include changes to or new extensions for
the OooWiki.  I just need to know what extension or what change to make.

If the Doc Project can do something in the source material to make
translations go better, then let us know.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead