All,

We would like to resolve the uncertainty about usage of the OpenOffice.org trademarks, primarily the refreshed logo. So let's establish a handling that addresses requests during the time we work on a more general policy.

The following steps will bridge the gap between the practice for the old logo and the goal to strengthen and protect our brand expressed in the new logo.

- collect logo usage requests via form instead of informal email, see
<http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/surveys/index.php?sid=31881>

- revive the work on submissions on the reviewers list

- continue with the practice in granting permission for usage
requests (links on websites, project created brochures, community distributors of unmodified binaries, ...) that are not in conflict with policy drafts

- clarification of non-standard cases. Some are already in work with Oracle.

- create and use standardized answers for sets of use cases including pointers to the logo usage guidelines
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Logo_Usage_Guidelines>

We will update the relevant webpages and replace the mentioned email address(es) with the URL pointing to the form.

So feel free to include the usage of the logo in the preparations of OpenOffice.org efforts. As well the well-meaning promotion of our product and project is much appreciated.

Greetings
Stefan