On 4/29/19 9:56 PM, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
Hello Laszlo.

NetBeans used to be doing "patch releases" in the past. They consist of
generating new catalog with NBM files which then automatically appears in the
IDEs.

That is significantly easier than full release. In the context of Apache, I'd:

- create branch release110_patch1 rooted at release110
- selectively backported some fixes from master to that branch
- whenever a backport is made, update version numbers + dependencies of
affected modules only

Then we need to vote and release the source ZIP file and upload the NBMs. No
need to upload the binary ZIP file itself. IDE update center catalog then
needs to point to the new NBMs.

Yes, that's what I thought to be needed, then people turned this discussion into a general release.