They are competitors, they have proprietary stuff as well, but they are not necessary evil.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: Donation Request for kotlin-netbeans
Date:   Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:18:37 +0200
From:   Dmitry Jemerov <intelliy...@gmail.com>
To:     Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com>
CC:     m...@jetbrains.com

Hi Laszlo,

We'd be happy to hand over the development of the plugin to your team and to transfer the code to Apache NetBeans. We'll still need to figure out the technical issues, because the plugin depends on code that wasn't very cleanly extracted from Kotlin and IntelliJ (see this comment <https://github.com/JetBrains/kotlin-netbeans/issues/122#issuecomment-428468811>). (All the code in question is also Apache licensed, but we'll need to set up a sane build procedure so that you could depend on published artifacts and not commit jars to the repository).

I'll be happy to be the technical point of contact for the transition process for the beginning.