+1 for this one!

On 5/8/19 2:31 PM, James Gosling wrote:
Another approach is to just flatten the text to vectors, and remove all font
references:

This version is only 6K, with no fonts.

On May 8, 2019, at 1:06 PM, Jan Tosovsky <j.tosov...@email.cz> wrote:

On 2019-05-08 Christian Lenz wrote:
A colleague said smth about loading fonts via SVG or render them to get the
path. Smth with Apache Batik? So adding the font with the IDE, load it and
adding that to SVG. I don’t know it exactly, but the Keywords were fonts in
SVG as paths created via Apache Batik.
The font can also be embedded as Base64 stream:

@font-face {
        font-family: "droid-sans"; src:
url(data:font/ttf;base64,AAEAAAARAQAABAAQ ... );
}

As it is embebded, there is no need for installing the font on user's computer
or outlining glyph shapes.

That font should be ideally a subset containing just required glyphs (to ensure
the minimum size, can be done in e.g. FontForge), but this could violate the
font license (IANAL).

Btw, Batik parses/translates SVG syntax into Java Graphics2D directives. These
can then be rendered on screen or transformed into other outputs (PNG or PDF).
I am not aware it can outline font shapes directly.

Jan