> I use Jesse's org.netbeans.contrib.yenta plugin to overcome annoying (and
> too restrictive) dependencies in one of my NB based application. However
> Yenta is still linked to NB 7.2.

That version works fine with the latest dev builds.  I am using it.

Bear in mind, with modules, you *want *to set your dependency versions to
the *oldest* version of NetBeans that you can definitely run against.  All
setting them higher than that does is restrict people running older
versions from being able to install your plugin for no reason.  There is no
reason to update the dependencies of it if it works, and in general,
NetBeans is very, very backward compatible - there are plugins I wrote and
haven't touched for 15 years that I use regularly.

-Tim