Hi,

Great news!  Thanks for all the work.  Few questions below ...

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 23:11, Jiří Kovalský <jiri.koval...@oracle.com> wrote:
>     Today, we are happy to announce the result of our effort, the brand
> new Plugin Portal version 3.0

Big question - shall we point the plugin portal for 11.2 to this from
release?  That should push plugin authors to migrate plugins quickly,
and users can always set up a link to the 11.0/11.1 plugin portal
manually in the transition.  We can redirect the 11.0 and 11.1 links
later.

> [1] http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/pluginportal/

That link is http.  It seems to load OK via https, and we should force that.

Also, in the catalog XML file link you shared off-list the plugin
links are http.  That should be changed again to ensure https is used
before switching.

I assume the catalog redirects via the VM for stats, etc.  how do
people see the actual link to the file they're downloading?

>     The concept of community controlled publishing of plugins on the
> Plugin Portal Update Center remains unchanged i.e. if two verifiers
> approve a plugin and nobody disapproves it, the plugin gets
> automatically added to the module catalog for appropriate NetBeans version.

What happens when a plugin is updated?  Do we require re-validation?
I hope so.  I and others have asked about adding SHA hash in the
catalog file, validated by the IDE, to ensure that the file downloaded
is the exact one that has been verified.  Maven links should at least
be stable, so maybe less of an issue?  But we should do all we can to
ensure third-party links we include in the IDE always go to the same
code.

>     Finally, once the final polishing is made, we will open source the
> codebase so that everyone can participate in improving the website.

Seems a little backwards in approach for an Apache project! ;-)

Thanks and best wishes,