This is likely due to a bug that causes the Swing framework to use the high
performance graphics chip instead of the integrated graphics chip.

Unfortunately, I think the way that the NetBeans launcher works, the bug is
unavoidable. The process that is using the CPU is not the main process of the
NetBeans application bundle. I think that makes the workaround ineffective.

Scott