I can confirm that dragging the .pkg out of the .dmg means you can avoid
holding Option when selecting Open from the context menu. However, that’s still
an unusual install sequence. Both the copying out and the fact that you must
use the context menu.

Even with clear instructions on the download page, the procedure is strange
enough that it will be a problem.  We should also avoid normalizing the
avoidance of macOS security procedures.

Scott