Hi Karl,
  first of all thanks for your stunning work on FlatLaf, it is a great LaF
and if it were for me I would make it the default LaF for NetBeans in a
future release.

I played with Darcula in the past and I even contributed back some small
bits (dialog icons and a fix for baseline alignment of spinners), even if I
can't promise anything, I would gladly help.

I am not working on any of the parts you mentioned so please go ahead and
leave me some time to familiarize with FlatLaf code and its NetBeans
module. I will try to focus on an editor color scheme that goes well with
FlatLaf.

Regards,
Alex