I would definitely say maven, in particular testing experience.
* the test report window should get preference over the output window,
which is way more usefull, although sometimes to much truncated.
* when a test is selected in the left panel, the right panel of the test
report should show the output. no i type this i wonder if it already does
that.
* running one test file is not very stable, in that something runs but no
results are shown.
* high on my wishlist: run a single test method from either the navigator
or the editor (there are annotations) or both, or at least re_run from test
report window.
i try to promote tdd, and to make that really work, running tests should be
blazingly fast. might need some cooperation from either apache-maven and
the junit 5 team or even both.

keep making netbeans the preferred java ide.

--
Pieter Van den Hombergh.
No software documentation is complete with out it's source code.