apache-rat-0.12.jar is the first binary (my) build downloads. It succeeded on my machine with build 11.0.5+10-LTS.

If the 1st binary fails, then it's quite likely you're experiencing some network issues, rather than a build error.

Doublecheck your network setup, if there's not a HTTP proxy (your environment does not define any - see http(s)_proxy in the log.

-S.