Hi,

The "BOM" (Bill of Materials) is a <pom> packaging that "defines the versions of all the artifacts that will be created in the library. Other projects that wish to use the library should import this POM into the dependencyManagement section of their POM." [1]

So basically this will be a pom.xml with <packaging>pom</packaging> that list all other module dependencies.

I don't think it's of any use if you want to build NetBeans Platform based apps, as we already have a sound Maven based solution.

But it may be of interest if someone wants to use just a few modules in a plain Java application, for instance. You include a dependency with this BOM, and then you don't have to specify the ${netbeans.version} in the rest of dependencies.

I may give it a run in the future, and try to build one for NETBEANS140, for instance.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#bill-of-materials-bom-poms