Dear all,

I'd like to collect some feedback on the Gradle Distribution Settings (Tools > Options > Java > Gradle > Execution Panel > Distribution Section)

Over the years, Gradle evolved and some usage patterns has changed.

8 years ago, Gradle Daemon was in incubation phase. It could took a few  (5-10) seconds to start a daemon especially with HDDs. People usually installed some latest Gradle and used that globally, wrapper was not yet popular.

I think the following settings are obsolete:
  - Start Gradle Daemon on IDE Start: Most people are using wrappers, so a daemon with the IDE defined distribution, just wasting resources.
  - Install Gradle Runtime Silently (Project trust is fine for that)

The following options are questionable:
  Custom Gradle Distribution. (I think I've used only once around 2.3 when I built my own Gradle distribution due to a bug in Gradle)

The Gradle Distribution Selector Combo Box is over engineered. I would replace that and the "Prefer to Use Gradle Wrapper that Comes with the Project" check box in a simple combo with elements:
Wrapper
8.0
7.6
3.0

I would drop the selection below at least 3.0 (Gradle 2.x are ancient, and there are a few versions which are not working well with NetBeans)

So at the end I would keep the Gradle Home and the combined distribution selector. Probably move that to root project level as well.

What do you think?