Hi,

At the time the migration was done AsciiDoc looked like a great system for building documentation sites.

Then Antora [1] was born and this ratified the choice, I think.

I think it would be great if we could adapt the asciidoc tutorials to use Antora. Antora has an integration with both Lunr and with Algolia [2] for building great search capabilities. Algolia is free for open source projects. The only problem with Antora is that is complex to use.

In any case the netbeans-website currently accepts html, asciidoc and, of course, markdown. So, yes, you could use Markdown for tutorials.

Hope this clarifies,
Antonio

[1]
https://docs.antora.org/antora/latest/asciidoc/asciidoc/