Hello everyone,

i believe the last "good defaults" thread [1] produced some good results, so why not start another one for NB 18+.

after last round, we ended up implementing the following:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4949

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4951

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4954

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4948 (not merged yet)

my current list in my notes is the following (taken from issues, discussions, and some of it might be my own preference):

 - enable 'view -> show versioning labels'

 - enable open tab next to current (default opens new tabs as last)

 - bump number of search results (matching files currently capped to 500)

 - disable compile on save (maven)

 - enable "replace invalid characters in branch name" (see screenshots in #3980, #4306)

a bit more controversial (since I know some put quite some effort into this implementation):

- disable inline hints (again) 'view -> show inline hints' (potentially find a hotkey for it? since that is how I use it by toggling it on/off on demand)

(i also wanted to put the git toolbar on that list, but we have two missing icons so better not ;), I use the git blame button on there fairly often)

feel free to post your own suggestions of course, lets discuss,

best regards,

michael

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/g9w0038rdsksony6xyl4q42vnj4jrjk4