On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 at 15:54, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> but there is a higher level issue, essentially asking if NB will
> continue to have some form of a dev blog or not:
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/6200

And a second higher level issue, should it continue to use the Start
Page at all?

I keep trying to find some time to have a look at that and
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5591 and ... to see if we
could / should replace the current start page.  It don't look great!
:-)

Rethinking that as some sort of dashboard API in the platform might be
good.  I'm sure others, including me, have implemented things like
that for platform applications.  Having a good think about what we
should put in front of IDE users on startup, for the first run and
after that would be useful.  Because I think the current Start Page
gives a terrible first impression.