Hi.

Due to a variety of issues with the existing macOS installer (eg.
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/6052 ), and also the lack of
people who can actually produce it, we're considering moving to an
NBPackage produced installer instead.

I've uploaded a PKG installer for NetBeans 19-rc4 at
https://nightlies.apache.org/netbeans/candidate/installers/

Testing and feedback would be appreciated before we commit to shipping
this installer for the release.

The installer is signed and notarized with the Apache foundation
certificates.  It was produced using NBPackage with the following
command -

 ./nbpackage/bin/nbpackage --verbose --type macos-pkg -Pname="Apache
NetBeans" -Pversion=19-rc4 -Pmacos.bundleid=org.apache.netbeans
-Pmacos.codesign-id="Developer ID Application: The Apache Software
Foundation" -Pmacos.pkgbuild-id="Developer ID Installer: The Apache
Software Foundation" --input netbeans-19-rc4-bin.zip

Thanks,