Not sure if there is a better term for what I was thinking about, but
relative to other IDEs...

Each seems to have some different  distributions, packages, or which are
basically scaled down or tailored versions of the IDE with the applicable
clusters, plugins, etc. pre-insta;;ed to develop with a specific language.
So for example IntelliJ has PyCharm for Python, GoLand for Go development,
etc.; Eclipse has Package for Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, Eclipse IDE
for Java Developers, etc.

When building from source, specific clusters can be used to build a
specific flavor.  From tailoring, this may assume specific plugins
(internal or external) can be installed, but was curious if it would be
worth as part of the delivery build pipeline to have some "profiles"
generated for some similar way, allowing a specific cluster with specific
plugins (internal to baseline Netbeans or external plugins) so then the
download page would have the different profiles of "Netbeans" available.

I realize there could be "space constraints" to be concerned about (i.e.,
having x number of flavors of Netbeans release means x times the amount of
space).

Is such a concept valuable for NetBeans community?

Eric Bresie
ebre...@gmail.com