On Sat, 28 Oct 2023 at 08:02, Matthias Bläsing
<mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Am Freitag, dem 27.10.2023 um 22:20 -0500 schrieb Josh Juneau:
> > I have been testing NetBeans 20 RC2 and it looks like the "Project
> > Properties" dialog is not opening, as expected.  Typically when
> > right-clicking on a project and selecting "Properties" from the contextual
> > menu, the "Properties" dialog should open.  Unfortunately it is not working
> > with RC2.
> >
> > I also tested with NetBeans 20 RC1 and "Project Properties" did open
> > without issues.
>
> could you please check if this:
>
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/6622
>
> matches your problem (it sounds so).

Yes, almost certainly is this.

We currently have two PRs open - one to revert all the changes
introduced in 20-rc2, one to fix this particular issue.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6623
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6624

Unless we have further input, I'll merge the full revert early next
week for 20-rc3.  I don't particularly want to make the final call on
which gets merged though, but that is where my preference is.

I share Michael's views expressed at

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6514#issuecomment-1775592170

and

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6624#issuecomment-1781492233

I'm not in favour of merging such large scale changes post-freeze,
particularly when they show evidence of inadequate testing in the IDE
UI so quickly.  As our third release candidate, 20-rc3 should (unless
high/critical issues are found) be the release itself, not one where
we're still testing new behaviour.