Win7-64 w/cygwin

I just downloaded and installed NB 20, and am trying to create a C/C++ project. I'm having difficulty with the help file at https://netbeans.apache.org/tutorial/main/kb/docs/cnd/development-environment/#front::community/releases/80/cpp-setup-instructions.adoc.

The environment is:
    Plugins->Installed: C/C++ v1.13
    Plugins->Settings: Netbeans 8.2 Plugin Portal

My Installation:

New Project->C/C++
    1.    Created a project path and saw my .cpp file.
    2.    Correctly set up the Editor
    3.    In the Build I did nothing, relying on finding out what to do in the help file.

At this point I have correctly (?) linked to ccls and have created a build file referencing gcc.

In the Help file under "Using the Tool Collection List" I have tried.
    1.    Windows->Services: there is no C/C++ to expand.
    2.    Right-click Project->Properties: there is no "Build category"
    3.    Tools->Options->C/C++: there is no "Build Tools" option

In the Help file under "Adding a Tool Collection to a Build Host"
    1.    Windows->Services: there is no C/C++, there is no "Add New Tool Collection.

I don't know what I did wrong. Any idea how to fix my problem so that I can add the Build, Run, and Clean information, and do what else needs to be done to compile, debug, and execute a C/C++ program, and I would like to add cygwin as a toolset.

thanks
art

PS: If I used the wrong terminology for something, please correct me.