Hi,

A problem has developed in the last day which has made NetBeans unusable.

As you know I am reformatting a local copy of IDE 18. I am not doing anything
extreme just tidying up and getting a consistent format on all of the code.

Well today I keep getting a Warning pop-up:

The target server has not been set or has been removed.

Right-click the project in the Projects window and choose

Resolve Missing Server Problem to set target server.

First, I never have set a server?

Secondly, it's impossible to get rid of the window, close it it just comes
straight back.

Thirdly, if its return is delayed long enough to follow the instructions, the
specified option does not exist.

This window also prevents me from doing any further editing as it overrides
everything else.

Details of system:

Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE 20

Java: 21.0.1; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 21.0.1+12-LTS

Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 21.0.1+12-LTS

System: Mac OS X version 14.3.1 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_GB (nb)

User directory: /Users/jeremycavanagh/Library/Application Support/NetBeans/20

Cache directory: /Users/jeremycavanagh/Library/Caches/NetBeans/20

The current file I am working on is:

enterprise/j2ee.clientproject/test/unit/data/projects/ApplicationClient1,src/java/applicationclient1/NewClass.java

Any feedback on this debilitating problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jeremy