On 10/18/2016 12:53 PM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>
>> Provided Oracle grants us netbeans.org, there is no need to move any
>> URLs. The user-facing part of the web site can live at netbeans.org,
>> that's not an issue. The only thing that MUST live at
>> netbeans.apache.org is the developer/project facing web site.
>

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Both should be on apache.org infrastructure, similar to the NetBeans code.
>

> I'm trying to understand what we must do with netbeans.org. From Daniel's
> response, I take it we will have facilities at Apache where we need to
> publish developer/project facing information -- i.e., javadoc, build
> instructions, and more (what else?), while potentially everything else (the
> user-facing part of the web site) stays precisely where it is. From
> Bertrand, I understand that we need to also move the user-facing part of
> the web site to Apache. I'm sure there's no contradiction between these but
> I'm just trying to understand them and need some help with that.

Bertrand and I are in agreement, but we are focusing on different
topics. Let me expand :

Infrastructure: All web sites MUST be on ASF hardware (our IPs, our
machines)
Domain names: You may use netbeans.org for user-facing web site, and
netbeans.apache.org for the developer site. both must, as stated above,
be hosted at the ASF on our web servers.

With regards,
Daniel