OK, I get it now. Though, there's a big difference between "the user-facing
part of the web site can live at netbeans.org" and "you may use netbeans.org
for user-facing web site".

I.e., the question is where the content will LIVE -- and the impression
created, suddenly, was that everything could stay exactly as it currently
is, except for the developer/project facing content. That is, thus, not the
case.

Personally, knowing the netbeans.org website reasonably well, from the
inside, I can say we do not want to migrate the website as a whole. Rather,
we should move the most current tutorials (I would suggest from 8.0
onwards) and the latest feature documentation to Apache and then archive
the entire netbeans.org content, so that anyone who wants to go back into
the past can do so, while we'll be able to focus on the most relevant
content. Should there be a big call for older documentation to be included
on Apache, we can include that too. But, there's simply heaps of
documentation and interviews and articles on old or dead features, hidden
in the bowels of netbeans.org, that make no sense to move to Apache.

Good to have this cleared up.

Gj