On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...Is there a specific project, e.g., Maven or Groovy, that we can use as a
> model for how we will do our web site?...

I don't have a "modern" example myself from the projects that I'm
involved in but looking under https://github.com/apache for
repositories that have "site" in their name shows several variants
using Jekyll, Maven and other site generation technologies - the
following ones look interesting to me:

https://github.com/apache/apache-website-template - a template using Jekyll

https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam-site
https://github.com/apache/nifi-site
https://github.com/apache/maven-site
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-site
https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep-site

IIUC you only need to be able to generate HTML in such a repository
and commit it to a specific place (Git branch?) for the site to go
online, once infra tells you where that is.

So I guess the next step is for this NetBeans team to decide on a site
generation tool, taking into account the various types of content that
you need to publish, javadocs etc. and ask for Git repositories to
host the content and for the websites setup as per the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEST-1 examples

-Bertrand