Here is the plan to get rid of downloading binaries from
hg.netbeans.org/binaries:

Let's download them from central Maven repository!

The support is already in the build harness and for example this module is
already downloading the JAR from a Maven repo:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/o.n.html.ko4j/external/binaries-list

We just need to go through all the binaries-list files and replace the current
JAR references with the Maven syntax:

MD5Hash groupId:artifactId:version

That's the plan. Volunteers welcomed.
-jt