On 2017-09-16 21:32, Craig Russell wrote:
Hi Ate,

On Sep 12, 2017, at 10:19 AM, Ate Douma <a...@douma.nu> wrote:
  1. If the source file is submitted with a copyright notice included in it, the
     copyright owner (or owner's agent) must either:
       a. remove such notices, or
       b. move them to the NOTICE file associated with each applicable project
          release, or
       c. provide written permission for the ASF to make such removal or
          relocation of the notices.

Now, in this case IMO the *SGA* (not the CCLA, which only applies for new/future
code contributions) covers case c., e.g. provides the written permission for the
ASF to remove/relocate the Oracle copyright notices.

My understanding is that there is no distinction made between an independent
SGA and a CCLA with Schedule B. They both grant the same rights to Apache.

Agreed, that also is my understanding.

But the Oracle CCLA has no Schedule B, so their CCLA only applies to new/future
contributions. And therefore I think only the SGA applies (and is needed) here.

Ate

Craig

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation