Hi John,

Do you also observe very long durations of debugging session initialization?
I'm asking, because that's what I'm dealing with every day when I try to attach the debugger to a process. JPDA seems to connect and then it stays stuck for a few seconds until the thread lists gets populated. And yes, it seems that a big number of opened projects / maven modules is a common denominator.

Martin

Hi,

At work, I have in my project group with just over 100 open projects.
Whenever I attempt to debug the application, I find the
debugger/NetBeans slow and sluggish.

Now I'm not sure if this is related to the number of open projects,
the number of breakpoints I have, or indeed the webapp I'm debugging,
but unfortunately, I sit next to an IntelliJ user and they don't seem
to have the same issues, with an identical machine. So I must assume
its NetBeans related....

I want to start to analyse why this is happening, maybe get enough
content to raise/fix? a defect etc.

What would be the first set of steps?

Regards

John