Thanks, Wade, for the pointers.

I didn't know about this effort. Of course I'll try it out and count me as a contributor. I'll read your previous emails and see what's required.

Kind regards,
Antonio

On 17/11/17 06:21, Wade Chandler wrote:
On Nov 16, 2017, at 16:42, Antonio <anto...@vieiro.net> wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there're any guidelines for new committers. I assume that
the ones at https://netbeans.org/community/guidelines/ still apply after the
Apache donation. We could update that and add this to our web, right?

That file is in the web site that I’m aggregating. I have sent emails to this list about
how to contribute in the past, so I assume you can find those. At the moment I’m working
here https://github.com/wadechandler/netbeans-static-site
<https://github.com/wadechandler/netbeans-static-site> to get things cleaned up, and
then plan for that to overwrite the Apache NetBeans repository once cleaned up “to a point”
to keep the repo from bloating due to zips etc in the site sources, and to have a clean
history. The two sites are being blended. There is a component called “website” in Apache
NetBeans Jira, and you can see the stories here if you have any to add/etc
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-124?jql=project%20%3D%20NETBEANS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20website

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-124?jql=project%20=%20NETBEANS%20AND%20component%20=%20website>

There is a good bit to do there, and like I said before when I emailed this
list, if anyone would like to contribute, you can either send PRs or I can make
people contributors on github if they get me their GH user ID. Gj is one.

As far as the guidelines go, and as far as I understand, yes, a good bit of
that is still applicable from the discussions on the list, but of course we are
now using RTC for things other than small ones (even for committers) or at
least we have discussed it. If we are not in agreement on that, then we should
start a new thread and hash that out of course.

The rest, if anyone objects perhaps we need a new thread for each piece or at
least a small enough chunk of relative areas to discuss.

Also, would any committer please export & share the code formatting options for
NetBeans?

My understanding and as it has worked out throughout my contributions is that
the NB sources use NBs default formatting. But if wrong, someone please correct
me.

Thanks,

Wade