I was missing files in META-INF. Each file has one line, which follows
the file/files below the contents.

In addition to these files, each of which has
META-INF/namedservices/URLStreamHandler/nbresloc/java.net.URLStreamHandler
META-INF/namedservices/URLStreamHandler/nbres/java.net.URLStreamHandler
org.netbeans.core.startup.NbResourceStreamHandler

I also needed
META-INF/namedservices.index
org.openide.util.URLStreamHandlerRegistration

and
META-INF/namedservices/java.net.URLStreamHandlerFactory
org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory

Those last two kicked in the first two. I had a an error in those,
accidentally had just NbResourceStreamHandler. Once I added the other
two files. Then I got an error /NbResourceStreamHandler. Which seeing
the contents of the first two I saw the mistake. Now the following
error is gone :)

--
William L. Thomson Jr.