On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...it's a real gotcha I think we're going to have to keep answering.  I'd
> be interested in your (and other mentors) thoughts on this...

I think LICENSE being slightly different (better actually, right?) in
the source tarball is perfectly fine if there's a rational reason for
it - you just need to reassure people that it's not a mistake.

For that you just need to be able to answer such questions with "have
a look at http://netbeans.apache.org/release-management.html"; instead
of re-explaining every time.

On that page there can be a justification for that minor difference as
well as any things that people need to know about how you build
releases.

-Bertrand