Hi guys,

re: LICENSE being slightly different in the source tarball
Here at SimuQuest, we've had similar confusions between files which are
templates in version control but fleshed out in the release.
Our solution has been to
   * keep the templates in a separate folder
   * use a templating language like the one in maven or Velocity
   * try to keep comments in each file saying what it is and where it came
from
   * not include the template folder in the binary release

For us, this has been motivated less by tarball comparisons and more by
wanting developers to modify and commit the "right" copy of the file.

Hope the info helps.

Kind Regards,
Johnny

--